Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Happy New Year!

Ok, I have decided that enough is enough!! I have been living year to year with a rolling balance of $5,000 in credit card debt without an end in sight!  I have promised my husband year after year (since we have been dating) that “this is the year that I am going to pay off  this debt!”  Well, I have made a liar out of myself!
 
This year instead of vowing to lose some insignificant amount of weight or to give up Sour Patch Kids, I am going to challenge myself to go 365 days without using my credit cards.  I am putting the plastic aside, ladies and gentlemen!  I am freeing myself of this financial baggage and am going to attempt to  LIVE WITHIN MY MEANS!!! (whatever that means…)
 
Is there life without PLASTIC???  I am determined to find out!  Follow me on my year long journey…it is gonna be interesting!

6 comments:

  1. I think the sour patch kids would be alot harder for you to give up.. SO I KNOW YOU CAN LIVE WITHOUT PLASTIC FOR 365 DAYS!!! I am so proud you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why not cut the plastics? If you think you need them for a real emergency then entrust them with someone to keep for that purpose.
    This is a great challenge and of course you can do it. I know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it!! We also have resolved to get our finances under control. I signed us up for Dave Ramsey Financial Peace class. They are supposed to be really good!! You can go to his website and search for classes by zip code. Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a strong thing to do! Thanks for giving me the idea to Blog. I think it will help us to both be more honest with ourselves and others in our journey! So proud of you, honey!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sarah - I recently did it you can do it!! Its a great feeling when you get out of debt!! :)

    ReplyDelete