Monday, January 18, 2010

The Internet and Other Disasters

This week presented problems for …, well for not having credit cards in my wallet. I have been thinking up ways that I could the money on my cards. Not only that, but I have been shopping online. At first it was for things I needed. Things like my makeup that I buy cheaper on Amazon and a birthday present for my step father.
One thing led to another and I was shopping clothing “sales” for items I DID NOT need. The internet is the devil when you’re bored and broke!

I was able to stop myself because I had plans for lunch with my best friends on Saturday and as you all have read in previous posts, dinning with my friends is one of my vices. So, I knew I had to keep my money in my pockets. Thankfully, my husband has all my credit cards so that shopping to cure boredom will not break my resolution.

Boredom was not my only enemy this week. My “Check Engine” light on my car turned on at just about the same time that my breaks began to squeak. Poop! I have money saved up for things like this, BUT, I have also saved for my trip to New Orleans (leaving in a week in a half). What to do?

I suppose I will have to split my savings down the middle and hope for a miracle…

2 comments:

  1. The fact that you stopped yourself and were able to write a bolg about it is a huge success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you!! Managing money is hard...Bobby and I are taking the Dave Ramsey class and we had to set goals for this year on top of the ones he gives you. Our are set up an emergency fund of $1000, set aside money for Christmas so we dont have to put it on the credit card anymore, begin paying off the credit cards and create a monthly budget. We have them printed up and on the fridge. You can do it!!!!
    love ya'
    marissa

    ReplyDelete